Recipe: Moroccan Chicken with Lemon Couscous

Moroccan Chicken with Lemon Couscous

First time for me on this one as I’ve never really tried couscous, I followed the couscous part of the recipe to the letter and had to add extra seasoning to get it to my tastes.
Overall, mixed verdicts Lisa said it was ok but a bit acidic for her tastes, where as I liked it and would happily make it again. My mate Chris was equally impressed and so much so he had a fair helping despite having eaten at home before he came round.
I think what sold me on the dish was the aromatic cumin and cinnamon with the underlying background freshness of the lemon. If I did it again I may add a little heat just to raise it up a level

This takes about 30 mins to prep and cook and apparently it’s fairly healthy as well


Adapted from Good Food Magazine

250g Couscous
Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
Splash of Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Clear Honey
4 Chicken Breasts cut into large strips
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 tsp Ground Cumin ( I like cumin so 1tsp might do you)
400g Can of chopped tomatoes
200 ml Chicken Stock
Splash of dry white wine
200g Fine green beans, trimmed

Put the couscous, half the lemon zest and half the lemon juice in a bowl and pour over 400ml of boiling water, cover with cling film and leave to soak whilst cooking the rest of the dish

Heat the oil in a pan drizzle the honey over the chicken breasts and season them then add to the pan, fry all over for 5-6 mins until golden all over.

Mix in the spices, then deglaze with the wine. Add the tomatoes and stock with the remaining juice and zest of the lemon. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 8-10 mins or until the beans are tender.

Fork through the couscous to fluff it up, taste the couscous and season if you think it needs it then serve with the chicken

Comments