Peanut Noodle Veggie Salad



Probably one of the best things about working from home is being able to create all manner of taste sensations at lunch time and not be restricted to whatever plastic wrapped, bread based items that are normally available to purchase at mid-day or find yourself limited to something that wont sweat or go soggy after 4 hours in plastic box.

Actually when I think about it, having the option  to get up 10-15 mins before you start work is pretty damn good , ok so it’s a close second

Although I say you’re able to create many wondrous things I usually go for the cheese sandwich as that’s what time often dictates and to be honest I love a cheese sarnie in all of its many guises anyway.

Right so I haven’t sat down in front of the keyboard to rattle on endlessly about cheese butties, far from it.


This dish is full of good things, its extremely tasty and can pack a punch if you want it to. Now who can say that about their average work day lunch. The only difficulty comes if you have a nut allergy other than that it’s a winner for Kids, Veggies and I think, for those who don’t work at home. If you take all the veg and noodles etc in one box and the dressing in another , then mix when your ready to eat it should work I reckon.



One of the best things is, it takes about 5-10 mins to make

The Veg ingredients I list here are totally optional, you can add or remove whatever you think will work. You can even add some cooked strips of Beef, Chicken or maybe some prawns if the though of totally veggie leaves you in a cold sweat


Serves 4

Salad
1 Pack of Pre-cooked egg noodles
1 Small carrot cut into very fine strips
10 Mange tout / Sugar snap peas cut into very fine strips
2 Spring onions cut into very fine strips
4 Radishes sliced very finely
5-6 Mint leaves chopped
4-5 Sprigs of Coriander chopped



Dressing
2 Tablepsoons of smooth peanut butter
2 Tablespoons of Light Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Chilli Sauce ( I used the sweet dipping sauce)
1 Teaspoon of Sesame oil




Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined
In a separate bowl toss all the salad ingredients together until mixed.
Add the dressing to the salad, get your hands in and mix well until all of the salad is coated.
Serve and top with some or all of the following, fresh coriander, fresh mint, finely sliced chilli, pea shoots….





Comments

  1. I would love to work from home so I could make lunches like this. I think last week i had a cheese and spinach sandwich every day! Not very inventive for a food blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds lovely. What a nice thing to be able to do at lunch time, it must set you up for the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work from home and even I'm jealous - rarely get it together to make much more than a sandwich(but in my defense, I make a great sandwich!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi (again!), to answer your question I got the berries from my local farmers' market.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment